Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fertile Myrtle...and other things

Well hello again!
I realize that it's been what, almost 6 months since I added anything to this little blog but today I decided I need to push through and just do it. Skyler and I have a lot of exciting things that just need to be told to the cyber world! And blogging about myself sounded much more fun than doing homework...or anything productive. So anyway, lets start with the biggest news...BABY!

Sometime around the beginning of September I found out I was pregnant. After a minor (nope, it was major) freakout about money, school, and life I was jumping with joy. This is what I have wanted my whole life and now I am starting a family!

It was funny how I found out because I really had had no symptoms of pregnancy. I just had been feeling tired but I attributed that to the starting of a new semester. One day I was doing dishes and the smell started making me dizzy and I felt like I had to sit down or I would die. So the next trip to WalMart I bought a test and did the deed. I didn't really think I was pregnant but thought I should check just in case... 4 tests later I am absolutely pregnant. (YAY!)

So for the next 2 months or so mostly I would go to school, sleep, eat, sleep, and then go to bed for the night. Skyler was amazing and basically did everything while I tried to get energy to get dressed that day. love him. So other than the debilitating tiredness...I had it easy.

Since then I have been feeling so great! Energy is back and everything in my house is clean because of my new found obsessive compulsive cleaning habits. I am definitely showing now which I can say because people stare at my stomach all the time. The only problem is they are still too afraid to ask me if I'm pregnant because it half way looks preggo and half way looks like I just have more to love in that region.

The latest development is that I can feel the baby move! Let me tell you, it is the best feeling ever. I had no idea what it would be like but it is great and I feel closer to the baby already. Skyler loves to talk to it and to everyone else about the conception story. Way too much info there dear.

Other than baby our life is great. We are both working; Sky at a home store and I am working at Deseret Book. They are just temporary jobs but help us get through the ending and starting of semesters which are always so dang expensive. Can I just say that graduation could not come sooner? I am DYING. Ok, not really but still.

I have been getting into the spirit of Christmas since about October and was so happy yesterday when I FINALLY got to put up my Christmas stuff. We decided to save money and not get a tree this year. So instead we have a Christmas bush..more like a Christmas weed but it is still pretty. I am lovin the music on the radio and the lights and the snow...ah it is the best time of the year! I am so lucky to have such a good life!

More to come on the baby and Christmas and Barger life later!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Oh I miss you Mary and I am so excited for you (and a tad jealous- don't tell Austin haha)! Anyways, congratulations on the baby and on getting the job at Deseret Book! I didn't even know you got it :) I can not wait to see you! Good luck to both of you with finishing up the semester!

    ReplyDelete