Friday, July 8, 2011

Hello, World!

Hello, Everyone...
So I decided to get into this blogging buisness. Everyone and their mom seems to have a blog nowadays and I think that it is time that I be part of this lovely adventure. After taking an hour just to figure out how to get started...I finally have created my BEAUTIFUL (if I do say so myself..) blog page! Yay me. It's the little things in life, ya know.

So, now what to blog about...I hadn't really thought about it yet. Skyler says I should tell the story of "us". And he says he's not a mushy, romantic kind of guy, ha! It's a good idea, but who really wants to hear that story besides your mom and little sister? So how about I start with the basics.

I am Mary. I am enrolled at BYU nursing school and can't wait to be done. It is a six semester program to get my bachelors degree and it feels like an eternity. I have three semesters left and somehow that seems to give me a light at the end of the tunnel..a very dim little thing. I am planning on working as soon as I graduate and can I tell you how excited I am to have a real job? The job I have now is at Vivint alarm system. I work in the call center as a customer support representative. Basically, I get to sit on the phones all day and listen to the most interesting people. Today I had one lady talk to me for half an hour about her knee surgery. Thank you lady, that is just what I wanted to know about. Then there are always the angry people. The ones that start yelling at you before you can even finish saying hello. Oh, yes. I am excited to graduate. After graduation, we have lots of fun plans. First on the list..BABIES!! I can not wait! But unfortunately, I have to. Bummer, man. Skyler will graduate at the same time that I will. Then it is off to law school and the Marines for us. The future is lookin' bright. Right now, Skyler is currently working at Furnish It selling and making furniture. He is basically awesome at it. Can I just say how much I love my Skyler? Especially when he brings home that bacon baby! Our current new obsession is furniture mostly because Sky gets awesome deals at his store...we are all about the new mattresses, beds, couches, you name it and we want it. This job is gonna make us go broke. Good thing we don't have money to buy the stuff in the first place or else we really would have a problem. Other than school and jobs and wanting things we can't have right now (new furniture and babies) Skyler and I are pretty much happy as can be!

So that is us in a nutshell. Our life is pretty great I have to say. So until I find something else to write about besides myself...have a great weekend!

3 comments: